Are you making a New Year’s resolution this year? It’s a tradition that’s been around since ancient Roman time.
Usually a New Year’s resolution is where a person makes a promise to do an act of self-improvement or something else starting on New Year’s Day.
Maybe you want to:
- Lose weight
- Get healthy
- Start exercising
- Improve mental well-being
- Improve emotional well-being
- Spend more time with family
- Make more money
- Improve your career
- And so much more!
New Year’s resolutions are very personal depending on what you want to change. Even though most people have the best intentions with their yearly resolutions, over 80 percent fail to keep them! Are you one of those people?
There is a better way. Instead of making a resolution at the start of every year, create goals that you can pursue all year round. Once you hit those goals, you can create and pursue even higher goals to help you be successful in many aspects of your life.
Once you get in the habit of creating and reaching your goals, New Year’s resolutions won’t matter so much.
Why wait until New Year’s Day to start working on something to improve your life? Start now!
How to Set New Year’s Resolutions
The way to set New Year’s resolution is not to! Instead, stop putting your dreams on the sidelines and set goals throughout the year.
Here are some proven tips to help you take the necessary steps to make things happen in your life.
- Take a deep breath and slow down. You’re probably thinking, “Slow down? How can I hit my goals by slowing down?” Ask yourself why you have not achieved your goals so far. Are you overwhelmed with a million things going on inside your head? Take a breath, relax your mind and relax your body. Do some yoga or use some essential oils for emotional well-being. You can be more productive and energized once you refresh and reset. Then you’ll be better prepared to take your life to the next level.
- What do you really want? Be very clear about what you truly want in life and why. How will your life change once you accomplish your goal? How much does that matter to you and what importance does it hold along with everything else in your life? Once you understand your deepest desires, you’ll find the motivation you need to keep moving forward.
- Create an action plan that makes sense. Do you have a plan of action? Be sure that your plan is one that you can actually do. If your plan is too aggressive for your life right now it will be difficult to take action. For example, if part of your plan is to exercise 6 days week but your schedule is too busy for that, how long do you think you will last? Make your action plan line up with your present life situation. It may take longer to reach your ultimate goal but it’s better than failing.
Making New Year’s resolutions is fun but usually they don’t work for very long. Instead, follow these tips to create goals that you can stick with throughout the year.
Start small with action steps that you can fit into your life and go from there. You can do this, I know you can!
Be sure to download my ebook, Create a Life that you Love. I have put together my best, simple strategies that helped me to achieve more than I ever thought possible!
Leave a Reply