Have you ever been so emotional that the feeling distracts you from other things you need to do? Our emotions are so complex and each person handles life’s challenges in different ways.
Keeping your emotions balanced is important to good health. Have you ever been stressed to the max and notice that your blood pressure is higher than normal?
Emotional wellbeing can weaken or strengthen your immune system. When I looked back over highly stressful times in my life, I realize that I was extremely tired and got sick more often.
Quality of life is very important to me so I always look for ways to keep my emotions positive and in check. Some of the ways that I’ve incorporated into my life are:
- Exercise – running is my number one activity when I feel stressed. It helps to bring some emotional balance to my life.
- Hobbies – I love volunteering my time for good causes. It always makes me feel good to help others which helps to keep my emotional balance in check.
- Meditation – Yep, I started meditating and doing the 4-7-8 breathing technique. It really helps my mind – body connection.
- Essential Oils – Aromatherapy really helps to affect my emotions in a positive way. When I first learned about essential oils, I wasn’t a believer. But the more I researched and educated myself, I found out how powerful they really are.
The Power of Aromatherapy for Emotional Wellbeing
Essential oils are naturally occurring, volatile aromatic compounds. They come from the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants.
Essential oils create a different emotional response for each individual. What works for me, may or may not work exactly the same for you.
It’s been a fun journey for me to discover how essential oils affect me. For example, I’ve always had trouble sleeping. Using lavender essential oil has helped me so much! My daughter uses a different essential oil to support a good night’s sleep because lavender doesn’t affect her in the same way.
Using aromatherapy can help promote positive emotions. I love that it’s all natural and non-toxic!
There are a couple of ways to approach aromatherapy with essential oils.
I am not a scientist by any stretch of the imagination and don’t care to learn about the chemistry. Instead, the best and more practical approach is identifying my emotions and choosing the best essential oil to counteract those feelings.
Best Aromatherapy Oils for Emotional Wellbeing
There are so many essential oils to choose from. In addition to individual oils, you can also blend specific oils together.
doTERRA has made it simple by provided already blended oils that focus on specific emotions. Each blend includes a mixture of specific oils to better promote positive emotion.
doTERRA also made it simple by putting together their best collection into the Emotional Aromatherapy System.
Before I get into the amazing oils included in the Emotional Aromatherapy collection, I want to explain how easy they are to use.
I recommend getting into a consistent routine for your essential oil use. After using them for awhile, you’ll be able to identify those that help you in your daily routine.
Essential Oils Use for Emotional Wellbeing
- Morning – apply to pulse points
- Midday – apply over your heart
- Evening – diffuse near your bed
Essential Oils Included in the Emotional Aromatherapy Collection
The Emotional Aromatherapy collection is a great one to start with. doTERRA provides six of the best proprietary essential oil blends that focus on emotional wellbeing.
It’s very easy to use for anyone dealing with common negative emotions.
Here’s what’s included:
- doTERRA Motivate® – Feelings of confidence and courage will replace negative emotions like guilt.and pessimism
- doTERRA Cheer® – Can counteract negative emotions and provide a boost of happiness and positivity when you are feeling down.
- doTERRA Passion® – Helps to rekindle feelings of excitement, passion and joy.
- doTERRA Forgive® – Helps to counteract emotions of anger and guilt, while promoting the liberating feelings of contentment, relief, and patience.
- doTERRA Console® – Promote feelings of comfort, putting you on a hopeful path of emotional healing.
- doTERRA Peace® – Promote feelings of contentment, composure, and reassurance when anxious feelings overwhelm your emotions.
Each delicate blend contains CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils that can be used aromatically or topically to help balance and brighten your changing moods.
Essential oils for emotional wellbeing are a natural way to help you stay balanced.
Contact me if you have questions or click here to order now via my doTERRA website!