I was super excited to learn about Helichrysum. I have so many problems with my skin. If you’ve watched my videos on YouTube, you might not guess that I have serious skin problems by just looking at me.
However I get serious, painful (and gross looking) rashes on my face that can last up to 3 weeks. Being careful about what I use on my skin is a must. I eat healthy too but that’s another story.
So I switched to all natural products, some I even make myself!
One of the key things about Helichrysum oil is that it’s safe and natural. That’s important to me due to what I said above.
In this article, I’ll share lots of great information about using Helichrysum and some of the ways you can benefits from this rejuvenating essential oil.
What is Helichrysum Essential Oil?
As one of the best essential oils for skin, Helichrysum oil can help to promote a healthy-looking complexion. The Helichrysum plant is also known as the Everlasting or Immortal Flower. I love those names!
This essential oil is used often in anti-aging skincare products. No surprise there! It’s known to:
- Reduce the appearance of blemishes
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles (can I get a YAY!)
- Provide a soothing sensation for skin
- Promote a healthy metabolism.
- And it’s safe to use!
Helichrysum gets its name from the Greek word helios, which means sun, and chrysos, which means gold. This description refers to the beautiful golden color of the flowers.
Best Uses and Benefits of Helichrysum Essential Oil
One of the qualities I love about essential oils are the multiple uses for each one. I hope these uses and benefits will help you learn more about this beautiful essential oil:
- Helichrysum oil may help promote a healthy metabolism. Here’s how to use Helichrysum essential oil for this benefit: take 2 drops Helichrysum essential oil internally. You can also place the drops in a veggie capsule and take it that way.
- Are you always looking for natural ways to care for your skin? I am! Helichrysum oil is known for it soothing and rejuvenating benefits for skin. You can use it for shaving to soothe those razer bumps or other irritations. Create your own soothing blend with the following: Frankincense, Lavender, Melaleuca, and Myrrh.
- I love this benefit of Helichrysum essential oil. It’s known to have calming properties. We can all use some calm in life! Just massage some of this beautiful oil on the back of your neck!
- Talking about benefits for the skin, Helichrysum oil has so many! Helping to improve the appearance of skin, you can use this essential oil for acne or to promote that glowing skin! Be aware of your own sensitivities before applying directly to your skin. You may have to combine it with a carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil.
- Care for an energizing massage? Helichrysum essential oil can be used to promote vitality.
- Have you ever gotten too much sun? I get burned and have to watch my sun exposure. I am always covered up. But sometimes, sun exposure cannot be helped. Helichrysum oil to the rescue! Use it as a sun soother to calm down your skin.
Moisturizing Sun Cream Recipe
I started making my own DIY sunscreen a few years ago. I tried many different recipes. I had to stop using the typical sunscreen purchased at a store due to the ingredients that produced rashes on my skin.
Although there are natural sun creams available for purchase, they were usually too expensive and yukky. So here’s a recipe that I hope you’ll love!
1. Melt beeswax and shea butter.
2. Add the remaining ingredients.
3. Mix well.
4. Let cool and store in glass jar.
As you can see, Helichrysum oil has so many incredible benefits! I hope this article helped you learn more about this essential oil.